In May and June, the “Puellae Orantes” choir performed concerts in the temples of the Tarnów diocese, whose patron is Our Lady.
The concerts were held:
– May 4 at the Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Queen of Poland in Tarnów – Mościce,
– May 18 at the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima in Tarnów,
– June 22 in the Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Mielec.
The program of concerts consisted of a dozen Marian songs, grouped thematically:
– Mother’s joy (Angel’s Greeting)
– Mother’s sorrow (Our Lady under the cross)
– Mother’s glory (Our Lady as Queen)
– Mother’s intercession (Our Lady as an intermediary of favors)
The team presented works by masters of various eras, including Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, Giovanni Battista Pergolesi, Johannes Brahms, Franz Schubert, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, as well as Polish composers: Miłosz Bembinow and Michał Lorenc.
The performers of the concerts were:
Girls’ Cathedral Choir ‘Puellae Orantes’,
String Quartet “Airis”,
Harpist Elżbieta Baklarz,
Sopranist Aleksandra Topor
Conductor Rev. Władysław Pachota.
The project was implemented with the financial support of the Małopolska Voivodship.
The Patron of the Choir is TAURON Polska Energia.