The Trail of Strauss
1. Johann Strauss I, Radetzky – Marsch
2. Johann Strauss II, Kaiser-Walzer
3. Johann Strauss II, Vergnügungszug – Polka
4. Josef Strauss, Dorfschwalben aus Österreich – Walzer
5. Johann Strauss II, Tritsch-Tratsch- Polka
6. Johann Strauss II, Rosen aus dem Süden – Walzer
7. Josef Strauss, Feuerfest – Polka
8. Johann Strauss II, An der schönen blauen Donau – Walzer
9. Johann Strauss II, Annen – Polka
10. Łukasz Farcinkiewicz, Warsaw-Vienna Waltz
On November 13, 2014 at the Tarnowskie Centrum Kultury, during the press conference, the premiere of the CD “The Trail of Strauss”, released by the Puellae Orantes choir, took place.
The album was recorded by the Tarnów choir and the Vienna Soloists’ Orchestra. This artistic idea was born after the Vienna Concerts presented by Austrian and Polish performers in January 2014. The concerts were enthusiastically received by the large audience in Cracow, Katowice and Lusławice.
On the album one may find the most famous waltzes and polkas of the Strauss dynasty: John Strauss – father and sons: John Strauss and Joseph Strauss. The album ends with “Walc Warszawsko-Wiedeński” (“The Warsaw-Vienna Waltz”) composed for the choir by the Warsaw composer Łukasz Farcinkiewicz. This work refers to the Straussian tradition, but with Polish motifs included. All songs are performed vocally and instrumentally, which determines the originality of this record.
Performers were conducted by: Wolfgang Sobotka – Vice-Governor of Lower Austria, who is also an acknowledged conductor and Piotr Gładki – artistic director of the Vienna Soloists Orchestra.
The recordings took place in September 2014, in the Krzysztof Penderecki European Centre for Music in Lusławice.
The album “Strauss Trail” is done under the patronage of RMF Classic. TAURON Polska Energia is a partner of this record. The Malopolska Voivodship is the partner of the undertaking.